DOG TRAINING AT HOME
WANT A TRAINER TO TRAIN YOUR DOG FOR YOU?
NO TIME TO TRAIN YOUR DOG? WE CAN HELP.
Dog Training at Home for Quick Progress!
Known as "Day Training," this is the white glove alternative to old fashioned bootcamps. We train your dog for you at home.
- Super convenient,
- Gets focused results fast,
- Keeps your dog safe and stress free.
Your dog trains in the comfort of home. Old fashioned "bootcamps" require you send your dog away where the potential for exposing your pup to a stressful environment can be high, and long periods of time are often spent in a noisy kennel run between training sessions.
Dog training at home is shaped to meet your needs with a customized program.
Your trainer takes the lead, works directly with your dog to make the most of the training time.
This frees your time to review our provided notes and tutorials at a time more convenient for you.
The focus can be on Basic Manners or Behavior Modification for almost any problem behaviors in need of attention. Many find it helpful and convenient to couple this with regularly scheduled Private Lessons or Reform School class to get the most out of our time together.
Sometimes pets simply need to brush up on skills like Loose Leash Walking or an unexpected problem behavior has developed since their last training session. Tell us what your dog needs to work on.
Pets & People That Benefit the Most!
- Busy People with long hours leaving limiting time available to train.
- Young Puppies who need limited exposure but also need to develop safe socialization and mental and physical skills.
- Timid Dogs overwhelmed in a group setting get to build confidence.
- Reactive Dogs that do not do well in a class environment due to the high distraction level.
- Environment Issues - Dogs with issues related to their home, neighborhood or frequented locations.
- Owners with Limited Mobility or dexterity for training but can otherwise handle a leashed pet.
NOTE: Wonder Dog University uses Modern Training, science-based techniques. No choke, slip or prong collars are permitted in class.
HOW IT WORKS
- Pick up a training package above, or we can meet for a New Client Initial Consult to determine the best fit for your needs. Initial Consult fee can be applied to first package.
- We'll gather a few details about your dog's needs via a brief Pre-Consult Questionnaire when you register for either, so we can dog in at that first session.
- Sessions are scheduled and your trainer handles everything for you, training your dog in and around your home!
- Each session is one (1) hour long. We prefer to visit three days a week to build on the skills your dog is learning. Consistency is key.
- Report Cards detailing the day’s work and your dog’s progress are provided each visit, so you can start incorporating and enjoying your dog's new found talents.
- Tutorials - both written and videos - explaining the training exercises for each skill taught to your dog are emailed, so you can follow along.
- Any questions you may have can be addressed as well.
- The final session of any package length is with you to recap all of the training. This meeting is dedicated to making sure you are comfortable with how to use the new cues and skills your dog has learned.
- Enjoy your pet’s new skills at home or out on the town!
Additional charges may apply if travel time is greater than 10 miles.
Your Place to Connect Dog Training with Real Life.
Through Wonder Dog University’s highly recommended Puppy Class series, Separation Anxiety Program and Growl Classes for impulse control and reactive dogs, you'll be inspired with a confident sense of “Hey! I truly can upgrade life with my dog!”
We prove every day that Modern Training gets the best results and dogs can learn at their full potential. Go from googling down rabbit holes of conflicting, confusing and often damaging advice to making the most of your precious time with evidence based dog training.
Training Author, Director of
I have worked with C.C. on numerous occasions. I have been consistently impressed both with her skills, her commitment to her own professional education, and her dedication to providing her clients with a top quality, effective and professional service.
David Steele, DVM
Medical Director and Co-Owner.
Advanced Animal Care
I highly recommend Growl Class for all dog lovers. C.C. proficiently helps keep dogs comfortable with low tension, alleviating the anxiety and concern of the people on the other end of the leash. We were taught much about why our dogs react the way they do and were given practical tools for preventing and responding in an appropriate and calm manner.
Sr. Director of Humane Education
Charleston Animal Society
C.C. has been our shelter's trusted resources for many years. Teaching workshops, seminars, and classes, she is a powerhouse of knowledge on a variety of subjects including giving puppies the best start possible, aggression and anxiety. She's terrific at providing specific training plans for individuals. Consulting frequently with our veterinarians and staff, we rely on her for expertise and insight.